Food processing is an energy-intensive business with very tight margins. That is why one cost-conscious meat industry leader turned to ERS Utility Solutions (ERS) for forensic bill auditing and comprehensive analysis of its utility charges and metering equipment. ERS delivered. It found and recovered more than $850,000 in past overcharges for natural gas and electricity, then corrected those errors for more than $220,000 per year in future savings!
PAIN POINTS & CHALLENGES
ERS UTILITY SOLUTIONS
OUTCOMES & BENEFITS
• $720,000+ in recovered overcharges for natural gas rate errors
• $145,000+ per year in ongoing savings with corrected natural gas rate.
• $130,000+ in recovered overcharges for electricity rate errors
• $75,000+ per year in ongoing savings with corrected electricity rate
• Elimination of recurring billing system issues with utility providers to prevent future errors
As a result of the ERS Audit, this Food Processor secured more than $1 Million in recovered overcharges and savings - a number that continues to grow!
Tom Thackery, CEO & Owner
Tom Thackery founded Expense Recovery Services (now ERS Utility Solutions) in 1994 and has personally led more than 1,400 audits and related projects with a total client impact of over $120 million.